Location Of Onstar Module

Location Of Onstar Module

Postby cgm » July 25th, 2011, 1:32 pm

I have a 2008 Silverado 2500 hd ltz with full center console and bucket seats, It has bose sat radio From reading other posts it looks like the module may be behind the center cluster area below radio. Can anyone confirm this. I spent an hour looking but it looks like the whole lower dash will have to come out including all around the glove box. Any tips and confirmation of the location would be greatly appreciated. Think this may be bigger job than I expected :shock:
cgm

Re: Location Of Onstar Module

Postby mrcostar » July 26th, 2011, 10:20 am

IT should be behind the hvac controls. You might be able to access it just by pulling the radio out. You can probably find a video of this online.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby trentmc » July 27th, 2011, 10:06 am

I have an 07 LTZ as well. The onstar module is behind the radip and A/C controls. You need to remove the trim(its pretty stout, and need s a little persuading to get it out, but it shouldnt break) Then pull out the electronics by removing the 8 screws and your onstar is right behind it.
Tip: you need to leave your onstar hooked up to whatever plugs you dont use on the bluestar in order for your temp and compass to work on the mirror.

Hope this helps.
trentmc

Postby cgm » July 27th, 2011, 10:55 am

Wow, I got lucky decided to tackle this yesterday and didnt check back for any replies to this post, I pulled way more dash trim out than i needed to but its fine. The part I got lucky about was leaving the other 2 onstar plugs pluged in and leaving onstar in. I put the bluestar module on top of it and had just enough room behind climate controls. Pluged in and works like a charm. I spend alot of time on the road and burn 3500 min a month on cell so this is awesome! :D
cgm

Postby mrcostar » July 28th, 2011, 6:34 pm

cgm wrote: I spend alot of time on the road and burn 3500 min a month on cell so this is awesome! :D

3500 min /month ?!? Damn, that's like two hours a day. I though my wife was bad !!! :o
Glad it worked out for you. :D
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby cgm » July 29th, 2011, 6:35 am

I am self employed, 8 employees plus around 300 cutomers. I turn off after 6 pm. Thanks again!
cgm

Postby Norse Beaner » March 8th, 2012, 8:50 pm

I also have an2008 Silverado 2500 hd ltz and am thinking of buying a bluestar unit. Does the steering wheel button still work or does it only use the mirror buttons. Was installation difficult? How well does it work? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Norse Beaner

Postby cgm » March 8th, 2012, 10:09 pm

It was easy to install behind radio. Leave the old module in place and put the new module on top of it. Unplug onstar and plug in to new module. Leave the small plug pluged in if you want compass to work (if you have one) it was very easy and is plug and play!
cgm

Postby cgm » March 8th, 2012, 10:10 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention, yes steering wheel button works!
cgm

Postby cgm » March 8th, 2012, 10:20 pm

I do have one problem with mine, after about 5 straight hours of continuous phone calls it stops working, it mutes radio but i am told they can hear me but i cant hear them.?? I have tried rebooting phone which is driod t-bolt but doesnt work. Also have tried turning truck off and opening door to kill power but still doensnt work. Not sure whats up withat. If i get out of truck for half hour then go back oAnut its fine.
cgm

Next

Return to Silverado