2002 Silverado LT Onstar module location

2002 Silverado LT Onstar module location

Postby TedSittner » June 9th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Hi folks,

I've spent the better part of a couple of hours searching online and physically through my truck trying to decipher where the Onstar module is located. Before I start really tearing the truck apart, can anyone shed some light on what this module should look like and where it might be located?

I've ruled out the generic recommendations of behind the back seat, behind the glove compartment and in the trunk (that was an easy one).

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't a more specific recommendation called out for my vehicle info in the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Ted
TedSittner

Re: 2002 Silverado LT Onstar module location

Postby mrcostar » June 10th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Hi Ted,
The onstar module is located behind the Instrument Panel, but it looks as though it is the analog unit which is not plug and play compatible with the Bluestar.
I'm afraid you will have to return it unless you wish to attempt wiring it.
Tech support can issue an RMA or provide wiring information if you wish to try this.
They can also provide pdf on exactly where the module is located.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby TedSittner » June 10th, 2011, 4:55 pm

I just found it as well, and it's definitely not plug and play compatible. I'll tackle the wiring project, but I'm quite disappointed this wasn't caught prior to finalizing the order.

Do I need to call/email tech support directly?

-Ted
TedSittner

Postby TedSittner » June 10th, 2011, 4:58 pm

On second thought, I really don't have time to tinker with this. The attraction to this solution was that it was advertised as plug and play.

I'll contact tech support to RMA.
TedSittner

Return to Silverado