2003 Suburban - worked great . . . one time

2003 Suburban - worked great . . . one time

Postby IraAllen » March 20th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Hi,

I'm having kind of a maddening experience with my BLUESTAR II. It arrived a few days ago and I hooked it up in my 2003 Suburban without any problems (both to the white harnesses and to a 3.5 mm aux-in cable connecting to the back of my stereo). Everything worked seamlessly right from the get-go, including a phone call and AD2P music (after I had ticked the box via CPU, of course).

Then, a couple days ago, the very second call I made, I stopped having any voice-out. That is, I could hear the other party, but they could not hear me. This happened after I pressed a couple buttons, trying to get the sound level just right. So, I figured I must have accidentally muted it. Unmuting did not restore functionality. I tried several more times over the last few days.

So, today, I shut off the car and unplugged the device and told my phone to forget the bluetooth pairing. When I plugged in, turned on, and re-paired the phone, I had lost all phone functionality entirely. I could still listen to music, but could not use the phone via bluetooth at all (the phone itself still works fine, of course).

So, I just now pulled the little black box out of my car and ran CPU. CPU worked fine previously, once I had installed the .NET framework and drivers, and I used it when the device first arrived to tick the AD2P box.

Now, though, CPU can no longer discover my BLUESTAR. The green light on the box is on and my computer recognizes the device, so there does not appear to be a problem with the driver. But CPU itself gives me a long error message when I click on either Program or Configure, and simply tells me it can't find the device when I click on Status.

I understand that tech like this can be a little tricky, but I'm pretty upset. Nearly $300 is a lot of money to have a device only work once. All told now, I've spent nearly an hour and a half trying to tinker with it and figure out ways to make it start working again. I've also read the forums (where I'll post this email, in hopes of a quick response).

I need help with this, and I need it quickly. I don't want to spend countless hours trying to get an expensive gadget to work right a second time.

Thank you,

Ira
IraAllen

Re: 2003 Suburban - worked great . . . one time

Postby animator659 » May 26th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Is there a response to this thread somewhere?
animator659

Re: 2003 Suburban - worked great . . . one time

Postby phoner » June 5th, 2013, 7:49 am

I had this exact same problem. I found that the software would connect, but very intermittently. I would have to unplug/plug in the bluestar, wait till it showed green light, relaunch cpu and try to connect. Took about 15 tries but finally worked, I think it's a timing thing with access to the serial port.

As far as you repairing the phone, I found that once you enabled AD2P the phone does not recognize this until it is paired again (possibly iphone only detects bluetooth capabilities at time of pairing) I Couldn't get it to work right with AD2P enabled, non of the onstar mirror buttons worked right and seemed like iphone was only using AD2P which meant voice dialing no longer worked. Still trying to figure this out.
phoner

Return to Suburban