2009 Cobalt Installation with Bluestar 2010

2009 Cobalt Installation with Bluestar 2010

Postby hutwah » February 8th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Please provide details on the exact steps required to install the Bluestar 2010 into a 2009 Cobalt. The instructions included and the answers supplied on similiar cars on this forum are not adequate nor are they detailed enough. So far, I am disappointed in the service provided.
hutwah

Re: 2009 Cobalt Installation with Bluestar 2010

Postby conedoctor » February 9th, 2012, 2:07 pm

That is a bit harsh, this is a user forum and a great resource.

This looks to be your first post, maybe a post asking for help first would net you some good results.
conedoctor

Postby hutwah » February 9th, 2012, 11:42 pm

This is a forum that is run through the CoStar web site as "a place to discuss COSTAR equipment". The single sided page of instructions I received along with my $ 282.00 Bluestar 2010 unit was inadequate for one who is not very familiar with car installations to perform. Step #1 did however tell me to: "Refer to the COSTAR Technologies Forum for vehicle specific information" which is what brought me here in the first place. A quick read shows me that many of the informative responses are from a "Mr. Costar", so my tone in my initial post was in line with the level of frustration I had at the time of entry and appropriate for a forum that is run in conjunction with a company website.. I have since been informed by a Costar representative that I need to have an "external GMLAN Connection Application" wire, that was not included in my package. I have read complaints of the same nature in others' posts. If I had paid $ 28.20 for this item I would somewhat understand, but not for a unit in this price range. I am still anticipating a high level of satisfaction with this product once it is installed. I am grateful for the technology. But to state that I am disappointed so far - is far from harsh. Stating the above in a nice, sweet and inquiring way: "Pretty please with sugar on it - if you can better describe the actual steps of installation of the Bluestar 2010 into a 2009 Cobalt - please do tell.
hutwah

Postby mrcostar » February 12th, 2012, 10:01 pm

The onstar is located below the rear shelf in the 2009 Cobalt.
Unfortunately, we cannot include vehicle specific installation instructions for every vehicle with the kit.
Techsupport can provide details vehicle specific onstar location diagrams via email.
Please contact them if you need further assistance if you have not already.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Return to Cobalt