Onstar Module Location - 2008

Onstar Module Location - 2008

Postby mrcostar » March 16th, 2011, 7:06 pm

With LT trim package, the module is located behind the Radio.
Without LT package, the module can be found behind the lower, center instrument panel trim. (Below radio)
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Re: Onstar Module Location - 2008

Postby wolf3 » July 13th, 2011, 11:42 am

Does this also apply to a 2007 LT?
wolf3

Postby mrcostar » July 13th, 2011, 9:32 pm

wolf3 wrote:Does this also apply to a 2007 LT?

Pretty sure it does.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby hwegener » October 1st, 2014, 10:55 am

2008 GMC 2500HD w/bose - Center Console with floor console. Remove the trim around the radio/climate control/aux control w/12v power outlets. You need to start from the bottom and work up. Start with the aux control w/12v outlets panel, then the climate control, then the radio. Cables on the lower 2 panels are long enough to fold out of the way. Unplug the radio and remove. You will now see the onstar unit, a silver case approx. 6"x5" sitting in a black basket on the floor. Look carefully and you will see a black tab on either side of the black basket holding the onstar unit in. Because of the dash plastic and the short onstar cables, I could not lift and pull the onstar unit up forward very far, but far enough. My unit ONLY had the white connectors on the passenger side of the unit. Pull those out and back them out through the back of the black basket that the onstar unit is sitting in. Make sure the remaining plugs are still firmly seated and push the onstar unit back into the black basket. Connect the 2 white connectors to the Bluestar, tuck in place. I picked up a 3.5mm cable with a 90 deg bend on one end to plug into the aux port on the radio and then fed the cable carefully between the radio and the climate control unit for a nice neat look. Plug in a USB cable into the bluestar to leave in there permanent and run it out on the passenger side for future access. Re-assemble.
hwegener

Postby pipedreamer12000 » May 9th, 2015, 3:01 am

I would like to try the bluestar,,, I have a 2008 siarra sle package,,, I have controls on steering wheel,, no navigation, I am hoping this product utilizes the truck antenna and booster,,, and is not just another blue tooth that relies on the phone antenna for signal. but man would I be the lucky one if we could finally hook this up for streaming and ofcourse phone.. we have an aux button if the mono sux, I understand the onstar crap. set me up pls.. pipedreamer12000@gmail.com oh,,, we all have s-5's and one s-4,,, gunna stay that way for work... for awhile.
pipedreamer12000

Return to Sierra