Will it work in my 2009 CTS?

Will it work in my 2009 CTS?

Postby caddiects » March 10th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Sir, I have a 2009 CTS, Vin 1G6DR57VX90105845.
Its a factory right hand drive built for Europe.
Has the full navigation system and audio centre.
When new it had a parrot blue tooth system fitted - it does turn down the stereo volume and sound comes from the front speakers or speaker?
The volume control can only be used on the parrot system itself.
I'm not very happy with this system and its slow to connect to my Samsung S3 and people on the end of the line find it hard to hear me talking.
To start are conversation - or make a call I need use the phone - not a safe option!

My vehicle has the RPO code WXS, but not UPF. I have read that for European release the car was not fitted with the On Star module.

When I press the voice button on the steering wheel, I get a repeated request to say again - clearly the factory microphone has been disconnected? I check in the mic setting in the setup navigation screen and it reports 'recording' but no sound bar movement.
I am assuming somehow the Parrot install may of replaced the factory microphone?

So my question is: Can I replace this Parrot with your product - then can I use the steering wheel button etc (there are no mirror on-star buttons).
I am keeping this car so happy to replace whatever I need to?
If possible with your system, would I be able to see the caller ID - and my contact list on then Navigation/Audio screen?

The screen has all functions including TV - they all work well.

Appreciate any help and comments,
Regards
Peter
New Zealand
caddiects

Return to CTS