steering wheel controls

steering wheel controls

Postby BISHO1 » January 25th, 2013, 8:53 am

I am thinking about purchasing bluestar for my avalanche. Does the steering wheel controls work yet for answering a call? I know someone said the volume controls work but Im curious about the face button.

Thanks,
Bob
BISHO1

Re: steering wheel controls

Postby Omlifecrew » February 3rd, 2013, 11:30 pm

Yes for the 2007 Avalanche NNBS.
Omlifecrew

Postby Yosemitesam » July 5th, 2013, 6:22 pm

My Bluestar from early 2012 has never worked from the steering wheel controls, 2008 HHR LT2. Have given up on the device to work as advertised. My computer guy didn't figure out how to hook up a lap top to do whatever. I don't want to tear apart the whole rear end of my car to remove the module and send it in or whatever. while installing the BluestarI module i did attach a permanent USB cable that i can access easily but to no avail. disappointed !
Yosemitesam

Postby mrcostar » July 7th, 2013, 7:39 am

If you have a USB cable connected, we can easily trouble shoot the steering wheel control issue.
It should work in the HHR but the Programming Utility can capture codes to see why it isn't.

Also, make sure you do have the latest firmware version installed. We are adding features with every release.
Please contact techsupport for latest version and help getting this to work properly.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby Yosemitesam » July 9th, 2013, 10:24 pm

I do thank you for your optimism, So are you saying i should hook my Lap Top up to the USB cable that is hooked up to your module in the car. Then call tech support and they will walk me through ?
Yosemitesam

Postby Yosemitesam » July 9th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Yosemitesam wrote:I do thank you for your optimism, So are you saying i should hook my Lap Top up to the USB cable that is hooked up to your module in the car. Then call tech support and they will walk me through ?

Oh forgot no phone number to call so i guess i made a mistake buying this device - So sad.
Yosemitesam

Postby Yosemitesam » July 9th, 2013, 10:58 pm

Yosemitesam wrote:
Yosemitesam wrote:I do thank you for your optimism, So are you saying i should hook my Lap Top up to the USB cable that is hooked up to your module in the car. Then call tech support and they will walk me through ?

Oh forgot no phone number to call so i guess i made a mistake buying this device - So sad.

Hey you just stated above to CALL So whats the number ?
Yosemitesam

Postby mrcostar » July 10th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Actually, I said to CONTACT tech support, not CALL tech support.
You can contact them at techsupport@costarech.com via email.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Return to BLUESTAR 2010