No "Voice In" Anymore

No "Voice In" Anymore

Postby rjayorr » May 14th, 2013, 8:50 pm

Hi Guys,
I thought I would check here first for my issue. My Bluestar has been working flawless in my 2008 G8 for almost a year now. But all of a sudden, it won't cut in to the stereo to hear the caller on the other end. All other aspects of function are perfect. It pairs quickly, the mirror and steering wheel controls work as they should and you can make it dial out. But I don't get the "Voice In" anymore on the stereo, the music (radio, aux in or CD) just keeps playing and I can't hear the caller. They can hear me just fine though.
I hooked up the On Star Box again to see if it was a problem with the stereo as the Bluestar appears to be working perfectly otherwise, but the On Star Box works as it should. When you hit the On Star button on the mirror, the stereo shuts off and "Voice In" displays and the On Star chick speaks. So it must not be the stereo.
I tried upgrading to the latest firmware, performed a factory reset, but all with the same results.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Robert
rjayorr

Re: No "Voice In" Anymore

Postby rjayorr » May 14th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the DIC displays perfectly too. It displays the name of my phone and incoming call number, etc.
rjayorr

Postby ginser » May 15th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I am having the same problem but have never been able to get it to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Eric
ginser

Postby mrcostar » May 16th, 2013, 2:06 am

in g8 you might need to reinstall onstar temporarily to resynch radio. then you can put onstar back in.
this happens after power to radio is removed.
this only happens in pontiac g8
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Return to BLUESTAR 2010