speaker volume

speaker volume

Postby derryb » May 16th, 2013, 8:41 am

I realize volume can be adjusted each call with the steering buttons, but I would like to permanently increase the volume. Speaker volume is so low with the IPhone 5 that turning it up each use with the steering buttons results in a blasting radio when the call ends. Instructions tell me this can be done by pushing white mirror button while LED is red. For LED to be red I have to have a call in process. When I push the white mirror button to increase volume, it disconnects the active call. Any suggestions?

Overall pretty unhappy with bluestar performance using an IPhone 5, was told with recent purchase I had the latest software updates. Problems include trouble making voice calls, unable to disconnect after a call and a number of mirror button functions inoperative. In addition I have yet to get the Utility software to access the unit without fatal error messages on the laptop. Error messages only appear when trying to use the utility software.

update: OK got mic and speaker volume back by plugging onstar antenna back into onstar mod. Sill having erratic button problems with Iphone use, often have to break link to disconnect and then re-establish link. Unit really needs some updates for Iphone 5 use!

next update: Lost mic and speaker volume again, guess it doesn't work so well in a 2003 Caddy Seville SLS.
derryb

Re: speaker volume

Postby Mdohert » May 25th, 2013, 11:49 pm

I have it working in a 2003 deville and iPhone 5. You need to get the utility working and up the volume 12db. Adjust the volume on the call using the steering wheel volume control not the volume knob on the radio or the mirror buttons.
Mdohert

Return to BLUESTAR 2010