Status on A2DP stereo streaming?

Status on A2DP stereo streaming?

Postby Mystic38 » July 25th, 2013, 11:41 am

I have the bluestar in my truck and am delighted with performance in making calls...

so, of course..i want more..lol

How can I get to stream stereo (say Pandora) from the cell through to the trucks sound system using the bluestar?.. I have seen old threads about this but no links or references to updated s/w etc..

thx.
Mystic38

Re: Status on A2DP stereo streaming?

Postby Mel » July 26th, 2013, 1:07 am

A2DP has been out since July of 2012 maybe earlier. I think that is excluding the older class2 radios. It only works by connects an Aux cable from the bluestar to the Aux port on your radio if you have one. The bluestar to onstar wiring connects only does mono and not stereo. I have been steaming music with my 2009 Chevy Equinox for about a year now. The volume is a little low compared to my air stations and sometime the base sounds are a little off but it works. Hope they keep working out the bugs for A2DP. Right now they seem to be working on bugs for steering wheel controls and comparability issues with the class2 radio with features that have been out for over a year. Since I don't have ether of these I just hope they finish soon so they can work on improving the A2DP.
Mel

Return to BLUESTAR 2010