A2DP Streaming

Re: A2DP Streaming

Postby openbox » November 16th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Mr. Costar, I don't like kicking dead horses, but it's been six months since you teased about potentially having your hands on some A2DP code. Can you give us an update please? I'm enjoying my Bluestar, but as others have said, A2DP is greatly desired to help round out a great product.
openbox

Postby openbox » November 22nd, 2011, 10:59 am

I guess not :cry:

It appears I'll need to move forward with mounting a 3.5 mm jack in my dash.
openbox

Postby Jaeger » November 27th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Well I ordered one hoping for this functionality in the near future!
This will really improve the product!
Jaeger

Postby krash » December 26th, 2011, 7:08 pm

I would definitely buy this if it enabled me to listen to Pandora as well as make and receive calls! I was looking at the Galaxy 1000 and remembered this from the Cadillac forums.
I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville DTS!
krash

Postby openbox » December 30th, 2011, 8:30 am

I'm a little disappointed that we haven't heard an update regarding the A2DP functionality. Even if the update is "we're having problems and we won't be able to deliver A2DP for the foreseeable future" it would be better than silence. I purchased the Bluestar because Mr. Costar appeared to be relatively responsive to customers' requests/questions. The blatant disregard for updates to this subject is saddening and partially makes me regret my purchase.

Can we please have an update....good or bad.
openbox

Postby UberGeek » January 7th, 2012, 1:34 am

I'm considering purchasing two units, one for my 2002 Pontiac Montana and the other for my 2001 Cadillac Eldorado (If I can find/make a compatible wiring harness).

A2DP streaming would be a HUGE plus! When it eventually does become available, I just found what I think might be the perfect add-on...the Peripheral PXDX PXHGM3 GM RCA/3.5mm Audio In Adapter
http://www.autosoundcentral.com/Peripheral_PXDX_PXHGM3_GM_RCA_3_5mm_Audio_In_Adapt_p/pxdxpxhgm3.htm

The factory CD Changer on the Eldorado is located in the trunk, right where the VCIM (and therefore BlueSTAR) goes. So, in theory, this could become my new AUX input...(I don't have a CD Changer, but my Head Unit is compatible and I think/hope/pray that it is pre-wired like the Deville is rumored to be)
UberGeek

Postby Jaeger » January 7th, 2012, 9:33 pm

The Dev no longer seems to be replying or supporting his product.
Right after I bought mine of course. A2DP was a main reason for purchasing.
I would hold off until it is implemented if this is an important addition for you.
Jaeger

Postby mrcostar » January 11th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Hi, We have not abandoned the streaming feature, in fact it is our number one priority as we get requests for this feature daily.

There are a few issues we are currently facing.

1. Implementing A2DP, AVRCP into existing DSP code while maintaining cvc (echo noise cancellation) - This is done
2. Implementing new features into main line microprocessor code (In progress)
3. Testing HW for compatibility. (Done- Minor HW change is required for optimal frequency response units will have to come back to the factory for modification.)
4. Creating new CPU program to handle both DSP and CFW upgrade simultaneously (in Progress, not mandatory for relesae)
5. Getting the streaming audio from the headhphone jack on the unit to the radio. Many radio's have aux input for this, many do not.
We are working on a few different approaches to add streaming to vehicles that do not have an auxiliary audio input. Included in this are simply using onstar input (mono only) using FM transmitter (better) tying into radio directly (good) tying into XM port if available (best).

The big hold up now before we can start beta testing is item 2 which we are working on. We will add this feature as soon as we can. But as was said above and as I have said before, if this is a requirement, wait until it is released officially before ordering.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby openbox » January 17th, 2012, 1:45 pm

Thank you very much for your response. From a customer perspective, I like to have updates...even if they're just telling us things are still in progress. Thanks for giving us the status and what remains to be accomplished.

mrcostar wrote:3. Testing HW for compatibility. (Done- Minor HW change is required for optimal frequency response units will have to come back to the factory for modification.)
I'm assuming you'll provide more info and a process to accomplish this HW upgrade with relative ease as we get closer to release?

mrcostar wrote:5. Getting the streaming audio from the headhphone jack on the unit to the radio. Many radio's have aux input for this, many do not.
We are working on a few different approaches to add streaming to vehicles that do not have an auxiliary audio input. Included in this are simply using onstar input (mono only) using FM transmitter (better) tying into radio directly (good) tying into XM port if available (best).
Your first two options are non-starters IMO, so please focus on the latter two. Even if you need to sell us an additional piece of hardware (e.g. GM12 from Pac Audio) for those of us without an aux in, please focus on quality.
openbox

Postby dvgb173 » January 23rd, 2012, 6:01 pm

Just ordered my unit.
Go ahead and upgrade the DSP and whatnot before you ship it! :D
Doug B.
dvgb173

PreviousNext

Return to BLUESTAR 2010