answering incoming calls

answering incoming calls

Postby Omlifecrew » November 29th, 2013, 8:37 pm

When answering phone calls in my 2007 Avalanche using the Onstar phone button on the mirror or using the steering wheel call answer button, 9 times out of 10 the phone call never comes through unless I disconnect bluetooth. No one can hear me and I cannot hear them.
Omlifecrew

Re: answering incoming calls

Postby scoachby » December 3rd, 2013, 10:40 am

Code: Select all
Hello

I red the above discussion which is about answering incoming calls very helpful for us.
You can also set it to answer by voice command or set it to answer by the home key.
You-tube has hundreds of videos (simple to follow) of what you can do with this phone. just type in keywords of what you want to know.[url]http://www.sustainability-coach.com/
Code: Select all
 Sustainability 
[/url] :?:
scoachby

Postby nisa-toseef » December 4th, 2013, 12:41 am

I red the above discussion which is about answering incoming calls very helpful for us.
You can also set it to answer by voice command or set it to answer by the home key.
nisa-toseef

Postby dwatson » December 16th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Omlifecrew wrote:When answering phone calls in my 2007 Avalanche using the Onstar phone button on the mirror or using the steering wheel call answer button, 9 times out of 10 the phone call never comes through unless I disconnect bluetooth. No one can hear me and I cannot hear them.

This is normal behavior because the device is junk. I've tried 3 different phones and 2 different Onstar devices and I'm lucky if it will even see my phone when I start my vehicle. Chris just said that it must be something incompatible with my phones and couldn't offer any help other than that. Well, the 3 phones work just fine with every single other bluetooth device I've used them with. So, no, it isn't a fault of the phones. Then, once I mess around with it for about a minute or two and get it to finally see my phone, many times I'll press the talk button and it completely ignores me. Or, it will put my phone into voice command mode but then the bluestar won't switch to phone mode. Lastly, most incoming calls that come in, if I can get it to answer then they can't hear me talking. These are all issues that happen intermittently. Other times, the device will do any of these things correctly but it is less often than having a problem with the device. I'm looking at potentially starting a class action lawsuit because the device doesn't work as intended and I feel it never will since they have pretty much abandoned support for it. Please send me a private message on here if you are interested in getting in on a class action lawsuit.

Thanks.
dwatson

Return to BLUESTAR 2010