Connecting issue

Connecting issue

Postby syclonedave » February 25th, 2015, 7:37 pm

With my new Galaxy 5 S

It is paired, but won't connect automatically. I have to have the Costar on & manually connect it each time I get in the car.

Help ?

Thanks
syclonedave

Re: Connecting issue

Postby stanggt1313 » March 8th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Not that it helps, but I have an s5 and it pairs automatically when I turn on the car...
stanggt1313

Postby mrcostar » March 30th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Start by holding RED mirror button down for 10 seconds to erase all stored pairings.
Then scan for devices from your cell.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby jeverian » April 24th, 2015, 5:01 am

I have a Note 4 and an iphone 5 that do this as well. I've reset the pairings, pulled the power on the bluestar, and wiped the phone in an attempt to fix, but nothing helped.

Another issue with both phones, is that the talk button doesn't work. I have to answer on the phone, then switch the audio to the Bluestar II.

A third issue with the Note 4, is that the car bluestar will ring (with a totally separate ring tone), but when I answer on the Note 4, there is no audio on the Bluestar II, even after specifically switching to it.

A2DP works really well though.

I don't have a windows laptop right now, but I'm going to borrow one or dismantle the glovebox again to futz with the firmware and settings using the tools. I have my own IT company, so I'm fairly comfortable changing settings and messing around with that stuff if there are any suggestions on what I should try.
jeverian

Postby jeverian » April 24th, 2015, 11:35 am

Just finished upgrading to the latest firmware and it seems to work fine now, although it may have been the power cycling that made it work as well.
jeverian

Postby scruff24 » June 26th, 2015, 2:14 pm

I have an LG G4, that pairs with all of the other devices that have Bluetooth. Does it sound like i need to update the firmware on the BlueStar? I have the latest, I thought. My unit will sometimes blink red/green without me putting it into pairing mode. I have unplugged it for two days...still blinking like that. Might try the holding of the Red button down for 10 seconds.
scruff24

Return to BLUESTAR 2010