Bluestar disconnects phone on incoming call.

Bluestar disconnects phone on incoming call.

Postby amnavetta » June 4th, 2015, 9:53 pm

Just installed my bluestar II in 2006 Saturn Vue. Installation and pairing seemed fine, but when I get a call, the radio seems to work right for a second (goes silent, picture of phone on radio and ringtone), but then just stops and reverts to playing the radio and disconnects the phone. Then the phone must be manually reconnected, but the same happens again anyway. Phone is a galaxy S4 (verizon) and works fine in other car. I checked and I have the latest firmware. No problem with PC interface.
amnavetta

Re: Bluestar disconnects phone on incoming call.

Postby edeclerck » June 21st, 2015, 5:41 am

UPDATED: I am having the same issue. as soon as a a call i make connects, i hear the first second on the call through the car speakers, then he audio returns o the radio and I can see from my phone that the bluestar is no longer paired. I'm in a 2008 saturn astra and using a galaxy s5.

I tired rolling back the firmware to the previous version, but that did not help. Experienced the same issue.
Also tried with an iPhone 4S, and the problem is the same.
Hope to hear a response from the admin.

Also, the music stream does work with the A2DP configuration checked now however - at first its wasn't working or me, but turned out to be user error ;)
Last edited by edeclerck on June 22nd, 2015, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
edeclerck

Postby 20cts03 » June 21st, 2015, 3:09 pm

Hi,
I just received and installed the costar bluestar in a 2003 cts. I am using a galaxy s3 and having the same issues. I tried pairing and un-pairing the phone. I shut the phone down and restarted...still the same issue. I emailed costar tech service and hopefully they have a solution.
When making a call, it mutes the radio for a couple seconds, then the radio comes on for a second, it switches a few times and phone disconnects from Bluetooth. I manually reconnect it and connects for a few seconds and disconnects.
Did you buy yours on a group buy by chance.... I did.
James
20cts03

Postby 20cts03 » June 21st, 2015, 3:49 pm

Just to see if it was a problem with Samsung galaxy phones, I borrowed my wifes HTC EVO 4GLTE and it has the same issues. It switches back and forth from radio and phone (about 1 sec intervals) until Bluetooth disconnects. That is the whole reason I bought this thing. I hope they have a solution, or I give up and will return it. I was using a garmin with Bluetooth for phones and will probably go back to it.
James
20cts03

Postby edeclerck » June 22nd, 2015, 7:24 am

20cts03 wrote:Hi,
Did you buy yours on a group buy by chance.... I did.
James

Yes I did... via indybucky on eBay. Though, won't think that is at all relevant to the issues we're having.
edeclerck

Postby Ranchguy118 » July 9th, 2015, 11:04 am

I'm having the same issue and thought it was of my install in an 03 escalade but sounds like its not an isolated problem. Has anyone heard of a fix yet?
Ranchguy118

Postby Indybucki » July 11th, 2015, 11:17 am

I was the one who put together the group buy.... I am having exactly the same issue too. No answers yet from Chris at Costar but it is clear this is not an isolated issue. I am as frustrated as all of you.
Indybucki

Postby Tbergloff » July 14th, 2015, 9:18 pm

same group buy, 2006 Z71 - iphone frequently disconnects on call answering with phone, however if I answer with the steering wheel button it stays connected.
Tbergloff

Return to BLUESTAR 2010