CPU beta testing needed

COSTAR PROGRAMMING UTILITY

CPU beta testing needed

Postby mrcostar » February 19th, 2012, 12:24 am

Some customers have had issue with the current CPU program in communicating with the BlueSTAR.
This seems to be predominantly a Win7 x64 issue, but can happen on x86 OK too.

If anyone has this issue and would like to try a new version which we think solves this issue, please email techsupport for a beta version.

Thanks!
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Re: CPU beta testing needed

Postby adhosch » May 22nd, 2012, 5:04 pm

I've tried the old version and the beta version and can't get them to work. The drivers have been installed and the port shows up when the BLUESTAR is connected to my computer. When I open the Utility and press any button besides exit nothing happens and the program completely locks up. I have to go into task manager to close it down. Any ideas?
adhosch

Postby mrcostar » May 23rd, 2012, 8:09 pm

adhosch wrote:I've tried the old version and the beta version and can't get them to work. The drivers have been installed and the port shows up when the BLUESTAR is connected to my computer. When I open the Utility and press any button besides exit nothing happens and the program completely locks up. I have to go into task manager to close it down. Any ideas?

Do you have .net installed?
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby BobD » August 2nd, 2012, 8:33 am

I am new to this issue. My Bluestar 2010 is recognized by my Droid as a Bluetooth device and will not operate with BlueStar.
I recently updated my 07' Tahoe LTZ with a Nav unit (Bluestar worked fine after the installation) but within about 2 weeks, Bluestar stopped working. Obviously there is an issue that others are having. What is COSTAR doing about it?
BobD

Postby alvarezlouie » October 11th, 2012, 11:10 am

I have the same problem. I cannot log into the Bluestar using the CPU with a Windows 7 64-bit nor 32-bit desktop computer, I've also tried with my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop but the CPU won't work on any of these computers. The computers all connect to the Bluestar just fine, there are no errors in the Device Manager, I checked the "Load VCP" selection which was indeed selected. Rebooted computer, to no avail. Although there are absolutely no indications that a communication error exists when trying the CPU the error message in that utility states "Device no found"

I shouldn't have purchased this unit from a company that won't provide a phone number to call. They will only respond to emails and that is days after I send in the requests. This is simply unnacceptable. The Bluestar will work when I plug it into my '05 Avalanche but as soon as I shut down the truck the Bluestar loses connection to my iPhone 4s and won't reconnect when in the vehicle nor starting up the vehicle. I have to disconnect and reconnect the Onstar cables to the Bluestar every single time I start up my Avalanche for it to work and it will only work during that session. Unacceptable to operate in this manner.

Costar suggested rolling back the firmware which is not a problem as I am pretty fluent with computers since 1989 and I believe I know enough to follow instructions. Unfortunately there hasn't been any suggestions that have worked yet. NEXT?
alvarezlouie

Postby alvarezlouie » October 11th, 2012, 11:11 am

mrcostar wrote:Some customers have had issue with the current CPU program in communicating with the BlueSTAR.
This seems to be predominantly a Win7 x64 issue, but can happen on x86 OK too.

If anyone has this issue and would like to try a new version which we think solves this issue, please email techsupport for a beta version.

Thanks!

As a last resort before I have to return for refund I'm willing to try out this "beta" version if I can get my Bluestar to work.
alvarezlouie

Postby myfirstbonnie » November 12th, 2012, 4:23 am

alvarezlouie wrote: The Bluestar will work when I plug it into my '05 Avalanche but as soon as I shut down the truck the Bluestar loses connection to my iPhone 4s and won't reconnect when in the vehicle nor starting up the vehicle. I have to disconnect and reconnect the Onstar cables to the Bluestar every single time I start up my Avalanche for it to work and it will only work during that session. Unacceptable to operate in this manner.

I am having this same issue with my wife's G6. If I hold the center onstar button for 5 seconds it flashes green and red. Then hit connect on the bluetooth menu on the phone it works. Until the car is turned off again. Works fine with my Droid4, just can't get the iPhone 4s to work.
myfirstbonnie

Postby winstonwolfe » November 28th, 2013, 6:50 am

Has anyone resolved the CPU freezing issue? I am running Vista 64 bit. When I connect the bluestar my computer recognizes the device, but when I attempt to use the CPU application the app freezes and will not do anything else. When the application is frozen, and I check the device manager, the advanced tab on the USB serial converter is not available, but when I am not trying to use the CPU application its there. Also my led light on the bluestar device is alternating between red and green when the device is attached to my pc. So far this has not been the super easy installation as described by Costar.
winstonwolfe

Postby nisa-toseef » December 4th, 2013, 12:47 am

Hello,
I have the same problem. I cannot log into the Bluestar using the CPU with a Windows 7 64-bit nor 32-bit desktop computer, I've also tried with my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop but the CPU won't work on any of these computers. The computers all connect to the Bluestar just fine, there are no errors in the Device Manager, I checked the "Load VCP" selection which was indeed selected. Rebooted computer, to no avail.
nisa-toseef

Return to CPU