New Release 11-0401

COSTAR FIRMWARE (Release Updates)

Re: New Release 11-0401

Postby scruff24 » April 6th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Ok, that being said Pokey....Radio does mute....on a call does not. Talking mouth Does hang up phone. (So ours are the same).

On another note...played around w/ mic and speaker settings...if you look at DIC...it now shows the levels when you adjust them...which is COOL....and a nice feature. No guesswork as to what setting it is at. Mine was at 12 for both. (and you are right hold the red button longer for mic setting.)

I have noticed that my ringer in the car is now different than Dixie...not sure how I got to the different ringtone...prefer the newer one though. Would like it to ring w/ my phone ring tone though...(think that would be one of the things that Mr. Costar asked what we would like to see next.)

Again....the unit just gets better and more integrated w/ each update....thank you for all your hard work !!!!
scruff24

Postby mrcostar » April 6th, 2011, 4:02 pm

scruff24 wrote:Would like it to ring w/ my phone ring tone though...(think that would be one of the things that Mr. Costar asked what we would like to see next.)

Thats a feature called "Ring Through". The BlueSTAR already supports it and if your cell has it, should happen automatically. iPhone is only phone that I know of that supports this.

You can make your own ring tone by following instruction on the website. Don't test in vehicle using CPU, that feature does not work on all cars and might hang the unit and require power cycle. (PLAY feature from CPU)
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Re: Mic Level

Postby cnauman » April 7th, 2011, 8:35 am

pokey wrote:
cnauman wrote:How do you get to the mic adjustment? I tried looking at the documentation and if I recall correctly it said to hold the red button for 3 seconds, that still adjusts the speaker volume.

Sorry if I missed it.

While on a call you have to press the 'RED' button 3 seconds. Longer say maybe 10 seconds and mine enters pairing mode. (I missed it too at first, took me a little bit to find it in the 'Quick Start Guide'.)

Aha, thanks I found it :)
cnauman

Postby scruff24 » April 8th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Ok, to add to the above....w/ reference to the mute button on the steering wheel not working. I was on a call yesterday and tried adjusting the mic level using the red button....and the person was like, "Hello ? Hello?" So, I have determined..but not tested again....that the mute does work on the mirror....but not the steering wheel. Will check this evening and get back to you all.

In the G8 it is the red button....it does mute it while on a call. I did test it.
scruff24

Postby wobw » April 15th, 2011, 7:35 am

I have installed the Bluestar 2010 in a 2009 Chevy Impala LS, Only issue I have is that the radio display is blank except for a dot on the left side and the words "Voice Dial". If I adjust the volume, or station on radio the display switches to the normal radio dispaly, but then it times out in a few seconds and defaults to display "Voice Dial". I believe that radio reception has been affected but only slightly. I listen to a distant FM station, it now has more static.
Kit installed easily, but there wasn't anything included in the kit to secure the Bluestar to the car, a small piece of velcro would be a plus.
I do not have the steering wheel radio controls. Can the microphone volume be adjusted from the mirror buttons?
I am satisfied with the Bluestar, the other service ended for me after the trial, I need to be hands free without the annoying earphone.
I have discovered that if the "i" information button is pressed on the radio the radio display becomes the default until Bluestar revceives a call or a call is made then the Bluestar display page, becomes the default page. Tolerable but not optimal, woulde rather default to radio station and song info.
wobw

Postby wobw » April 17th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Since you have demonstrated that Bluestar can control the radio display as well as the odometer display,(I observed the odometer while adusting the speaker volume, the odometer displayed a message that the speaked volume was being adjusted) I suggest that you deliver a page to the radio with the outside air temperature or perhaps some engine diagnostics. Can the information/control buttons on the dash be used. The Impala LS does not display temperature and I really miss this feature.
wobw

Postby eztease » April 19th, 2011, 8:51 am

Mr CoStar,

Im still waiting for you to do some work for your older customers in getting the Class2 and the DIC to work, we have been very patient awaintg this fix and im starting to loose faith on you working on the class2 codes. my H2 Hummer 2004 still dosent work outside of the blutooh communication, when i had purchased this from you, you stated your were going to fix this function of communication, its been almost 2 years now... can you give us and update on when you plan on getting the caller id to communicate with the DIC or the NAV Stereo system.
eztease

Postby fatback » April 20th, 2011, 7:56 am

I have a G8 and the talking mouth ends the call, does not mute
fatback

Postby scruff24 » April 20th, 2011, 8:31 am

fatback wrote:I have a G8 and the talking mouth ends the call, does not mute

If you read the posts above yours...you would see, that the mute button on the steering wheel doesn't work. The Red 'plus' sign on the mirror DOES WORK.

Ok, to add to the above....w/ reference to the mute button on the steering wheel not working. I was on a call yesterday and tried adjusting the mic level using the red button....and the person was like, "Hello ? Hello?" So, I have determined..but not tested again....that the mute does work on the mirror....but not the steering wheel. Will check this evening and get back to you all.

In the G8 it is the red button....it does mute it while on a call. I did test it.
scruff24

Postby mrcostar » April 20th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Regarding Mute:
Red mirror button will mute mic when on a call. LED will flash indicating this.
The talking mouth button on the car will initiate voice dial, answer a call and end a call.
On most vehicles, it will mute radio on quick press, and initiate voice dial if held for 1 second or more.
The g8 does have a mute button that is different from other steering wheel controls, this is not currently mapped to any function, but I could make it mute the mic.
I didn't think this was a commonly used feature, so did not push it to the steering wheel controls.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to CFW