New Release 11-0401

COSTAR FIRMWARE (Release Updates)

Re: New Release 11-0401

Postby mrcostar » April 20th, 2011, 10:17 pm

eztease wrote:Mr CoStar,

Im still waiting for you to do some work for your older customers in getting the Class2 and the DIC to work, we have been very patient awaintg this fix and im starting to loose faith on you working on the class2 codes. my H2 Hummer 2004 still dosent work outside of the blutooh communication, when i had purchased this from you, you stated your were going to fix this function of communication, its been almost 2 years now... can you give us and update on when you plan on getting the caller id to communicate with the DIC or the NAV Stereo system.

Now a "fix" implies that something is broken. In this case, you are confusing the adding of a feature, with the fixing of a problem. As I am sure you are aware, the BlueSTAR has gone through several enhancements over the last few years, including two major redesigns that will allow the possibility of adding features such as this. Our focus has been working with newer vehicles, and we have made great strides in adding caller Id first to the radio display, then to the DIC.
Unfortunately we have not yet been able to crack the codes to write to the DIC in CLASS2 vehicles. It might even be the case that it is not possible to do so. DIC messages in older vehicles were not all programmable and only fixed messages were displayed. In these cases, there might not be any provisions for the ability to write data to the DIC. We have not given up hope, and continue to look for a solution, but if you purchased the unit before 2010 and have a bluestar pnp, you are out of luck as that unit never was or will be upgradeable for this feature.

The latest version of the CPU program, has the ability to do data logging. If you think you can help solve this problem, take some data captures of the DIC being written to and send them to us for analysis.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby fatback » April 22nd, 2011, 7:13 pm

I'd like to see the button below the talking mouth used as the mic mute on the G8. It ends the call.
fatback

Postby fatback » April 22nd, 2011, 7:14 pm

mrcostar wrote:Regarding Mute:
Red mirror button will mute mic when on a call. LED will flash indicating this.
The talking mouth button on the car will initiate voice dial, answer a call and end a call.
On most vehicles, it will mute radio on quick press, and initiate voice dial if held for 1 second or more.
The g8 does have a mute button that is different from other steering wheel controls, this is not currently mapped to any function, but I could make it mute the mic.
I didn't think this was a commonly used feature, so did not push it to the steering wheel controls.

I'd like to see the button below the talking mouth on the G8 used as the mic.

thanks
fatback

Postby scruff24 » April 23rd, 2011, 6:08 pm

The button below the talking mouth is used to hang up the phone. The radio mute button which is on the right side of the wheel would make the most sense because it is used to mute the radio. How could you use it as the Mic? Think you meant mute. Mr Costar I think you have done a great job. I just found that if I use speaker phone for checking my voicemail on my EVO ...it plays through the speakers.
scruff24

Postby Skull_leader » April 28th, 2011, 7:32 pm

I have just installed the upgrade in my 08 Outlook and it works great, I really like the pairing notification.

Is there a way to disable the call info (any of the notifications from making or receiving a call) from popping up in the DIC? I'm OK with everything else but for some reason it bothers me having the DIC display call info.
Skull_leader

Postby mrcostar » April 28th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Skull_leader wrote:I have just installed the upgrade in my 08 Outlook and it works great, I really like the pairing notification.

Is there a way to disable the call info (any of the notifications from making or receiving a call) from popping up in the DIC? I'm OK with everything else but for some reason it bothers me having the DIC display call info.

So, no caller ID ??? Right now there's no way to disable it, but I could add something perhaps.
Just to be clear, you want cell pairing note, but nothing else?
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby Skull_leader » April 29th, 2011, 12:53 pm

mrcostar wrote:
Skull_leader wrote:I have just installed the upgrade in my 08 Outlook and it works great, I really like the pairing notification.

So, no caller ID ??? Right now there's no way to disable it, but I could add something perhaps.
Just to be clear, you want cell pairing note, but nothing else?

You are correct, no caller ID, no message about outgoing or incoming calls in the DIC. Cell pairing note, volume adjust can all stay. Caller ID shows up on my radio so I feel the DIC notification is redundant.
Skull_leader

Postby cnauman » April 29th, 2011, 2:35 pm

I'm the opposite, I miss having my clock display when on a call so having the info in the DIC would be better than the radio display for me. But I agree, one or the other would be best, I personally don't care which.
cnauman

Postby chrisA » May 4th, 2011, 4:24 pm

mine seems to be working OK....talking mouth, mute, DIC, radio display, pairing all seem to right. I do have the "ring through" and would love to know how to control it. I just entered my vote on the poll....phonebook names instead of numbers...who knows anybodys number anymore??????
chrisA

Postby solarann » June 29th, 2011, 10:31 pm

where do i find the instructions on downloading this update. i have a laptop but have never done this. i did leave a usb cord out of the unit behind dash :?:
solarann

PreviousNext

Return to CFW